If you are using Reliance Netconnect Broadband+, you must have noticed that every time the connection is established, irrespective of what default page you have set in your default browser, the first page that gets opened is reliancenetconnect.co.in
If you feel that this page is of no use to you and there is a unnecessary data transfer involved, howsoever small it might be, here is a workaround.
This workaround is tested for the Huawei USB EC1260 modem. If your USB modem is different and if you find that this solution is not working, you can always uninstall the Dialler software and it will automatically get reinstalled to default settings when you plug in the USB modem next time.
The steps are as under:
1) Go to path c:\Program Files\Reliance Netconnect - Broadband+\plugins\XFramePlugin
2) Locate the file Config.xml and open it with notepad.
3) In the code, locate the Homepage tag with default homepage as http://www.reliancenetconnect.co.in/
4) If you want that a blank page should be opened after the connection gets established, replace http://www.reliancenetconnect.co.in/ with about:blank
5) If you want to open the homepage of your choice, replace the above with the URL of your choice, like what I have done to set facebook as my default page in the screenshot below
6) Save the file.
Now next time when you establish the connection, the page of your choice would get opened. Happy browsing!!!